It is ExxonMobil Canada’s policy to conduct its business in a manner that is compatible with the balanced environmental and economic needs of the communities in which it operates. The Corporation is committed to continuous efforts to improve environmental performance throughout its operations.
Accordingly, our policy is to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist;
- Encourage concern and respect for the environment, emphasize every employee’s responsibility in environmental performance and ensure appropriate operating practices and training; Work with government and industry groups to foster timely development of effective environmental laws and regulations based on sound science and considering risks, costs and benefits and effects on energy and product supply;
- Manage its business with the goal of preventing incidents and of controlling emissions and wastes to below harmful levels; design, operate and maintain facilities to this end;
- Respond quickly and effectively to incidents resulting from its operations, cooperating with industry organizations and authorized government agencies;
- Conduct and support research to improve understanding of the impact of its business on the environment, to improve methods of environmental protection, and to enhance its capability to make operations and products compatible with the environment;
- Communicate with the public on environmental matters and share its experience with others to facilitate improvements in industry performance;
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to ensure compliance with this policy.